Our health advisories have the latest information.
Confirmed cases can be reported to us via fax to our secure fax line (360) 425-7531. To report by phone, call (360) 414-5599 x 6431 during business hours, (360) 636-9595 after hours.
Follow DOH’s updated testing criteria.
- Most patients with confirmed COVID-19 have developed fever and/or symptoms of acute respiratory illness (e.g., cough, difficulty breathing).
- Consider close contact with known cases and travel to affected geographic regions.
- Test for other causes of respiratory illness, including infections like influenza.
Healthcare systems—including hospitals and long-term care facilities—should consider implementing visitor restrictions, health screening and restricting children in high-risk areas.
Work with your healthcare system to send COVID-19 specimens to UW Virology Lab. See UW Virology Lab’s website for more information.
Work with public health to send specimens to Washington Public Health Lab for:
- Healthcare workers.
- Patients in public safety occupations (e.g., law enforcement, firefighter, EMS).
- Patients involved in an illness cluster in a facility or group (e.g, healthcare, school, corrections, business).
- Patients without health insurance.
Follow Washington Public Health Lab’s instructions for collecting, labeling and transporting specimens.
- For symptoms—What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and have not been around a person diagnosed with COVID-19.
- For exposed—What to do if you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19.
- For confirmed or suspected—What to do if you have confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
For more general information, visit our website – www.co.cowlitz.wa.us/hhs